Successful financial institutions recognize the importance of comprehensive management insight and reporting when considering automated fraud solutions. This consists of logging key performance and analytical results to assess risk, monitor adjudication workflow, and ensure operational productivity. These functionalities enable institutions to gain management insight from the resulting data and reports, which helps managers compare trends, review employee performance, and adhere to goals. This broad spectrum of data allows financial institutions to measure:
- Security and audit activity;
- Analytical process detection results;
- System performance and process efficiency;
- Resource utilization;
- Exception tracking;
- Risk management and exposure;
- Processing statistics and results; and
- Fraud loss and prevention.
With management insight and reporting abilities, data can be optimized using metrics for analysis and reporting. This data can then fuel:
- Online, real-time reporting available directly within the solution.
- Data visualizations to convey critical KPIs and business trends.
- Periodic generated reporting and trend analysis.
- Ad hoc reporting and analytics for in-depth analysis of data.
Expansive data and the resulting insight help employees, managers, and senior leadership draw conclusions regarding successes and failures driving organizational improvement.
The ARGO Fraud solution, OASIS™ (Optimized Assessment of Suspicious Items), provides cross-channel, multi-fund analytics and adjudication workflow to detect fraudulent transactions and suspicious items. With this solution, institutions can drill down into their data to identify the causes of a particular activity or variable, such as a specific test result, the underlying decision, and how it compares with the overall fraud detection process. The OASIS reporting functionality also helps managers determine norms such as the number of suspect items originated each day, the number of suspect items returned or approved, and whether these values are increasing, decreasing, or remaining consistent over time.
For more information, download the “Fraud & AML Solution Overview” interview with David Engebos, President and COO of ARGO.